Originally called Glenforres, Edradour has hopped between the two names since it was built in 1825, before finally settling on the latter. The equipment used at the distillery has remained mostly unchanged since it opened more than 150 years ago, and as such the amount of whisky produced each year is extremely limited – what Edradour makes in a year is not far off what a typical Speyside distillery would make in a week.

Although Edradour has changed hands many times, it was most recently sold to Andrew Symington’s Signatory company in 2002. With his expertise, the distillery has since gone from strength to strength, including adding a smoky whisky to its range, the much-lauded Ballechin.

Scroll To Top