In order for attendees and exhibitors to gain access to The Whisky Exchange Whisky Show, they will need to demonstrate their COVID-19 status by providing at least one of the following to a member of the reception team before entering the event:
- Proof of full vaccination – both doses received for dual dose vaccinations, with the second at least 14 days prior to the day you are due to attend the show.
- Proof of a negative NHS Lateral Flow Test taken within 48hrs of the day you are due to attend.
- Proof of natural immunity based on a positive PCR test result from at most 180 days but no less than 10 days before the show.
Once you have demonstrated your status you will be given a COVID-screened wristband to wear during the show. This must be worn and visible at all times throughout the show.
UK residents can show their status easily via the NHS COVID Pass on the NHS App. For more information on how to download the app and get your pass, please click here. You can also demonstrate your status via a printed NHS vaccination record, but you will also be required to provide valid identification in the form of a driving licence or passport.
Attending the show
You should not attend Whisky Show if you:
- are displaying COVID symptoms (see below for details): if you are experiencing symptoms you should self-isolate and take a PCR test as soon as possible. These are available for free from the NHS.
- have tested positive for COVID or are contacted by NHS Test and Trace and asked to self-isolate: anyone in these circumstances will NOT be allowed to attend the show. Even if you test negative during your self-isolation period you cannot attend the show until your 10 day quarantine has finished, as you may still become infectious during this time.
- have been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID or is who is displaying COVID symptoms.
- have travelled from a red list country within the last 10 days: you can find more information about travel guidelines and quarantine regulations here.
During The Whisky Exchange Whisky Show
The health and safety of our guests, exhibitors and staff remains our top priority. For the benefit of all at the show, we urge everyone attending to consider the following:
- To wear face masks around the venue when not tasting.
- To maintain good social distancing between yourself and others as directed by floor markings and staff.
- To practice good respiratory hygiene at all times
- To regularly wash hands and use the sanitising gels which will be placed readily throughout the venue.
- To avoid handshakes and exchanging material that has been handled by others.
Our onsite medical and security staff will be acting in accordance with directions issued by the organisers, venue and relevant authorities.
We will have the following additional measures in place for the health and wellbeing of all attendees:
- The show is being held at a reduced capacity to allow for social distancing.
- On arrival and before having their tickets scanned, attendees will have to demonstrate their COVID-19 status, as described above.
- Attendees will need to wear a show-supplied wristband during the show to show they have undergone COVID-19 screening.
- There will be no physical show guide. Instead, every guest will have access to an online version both before and during the event.
- The show buffet will be replaced with a boxed meal.
- We are increasing the spaces between exhibitor stands to allow for greater social distancing.
- We will only accept card payments. Cash will not be accepted anywhere in the venue.
- There will be regular enhanced venue-wide cleaning, and waste disposal will be in operation throughout the event.
- We will have a separate entrance and exit to the show to maintain a COVID-safe flow of attendees.
- Queues will be monitored and queuing areas will be clearly marked.
- A one-way system will be in place between the ground and lower ground floor levels to maintain a COVID-safe flow of attendees.
We urge all attendees to co-operate with our security, stewards and medical team – there is plenty of time to enjoy the show, and if a stand or area is busy then we would ask that you enjoy the rest of the show and return when it is quieter.
The Whisky Exchange reserves the right to refuse you entry to and/or eject you from the show if you fail to demonstrate your COVID status or if you fail, when required, to produce proof of your COVID status once inside the show.
Whisky Show Refund Policy
If you wish to cancel your ticket prior to the show then we will issue you with a full refund. As capacity is limited this year, all we request is that all refund requests are made by 12pm Thursday 24 September so that we have a chance to resell your ticket(s) to our waiting list.
The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature).
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or three or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual).
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
If you experiencing any of these symptoms, you should self-isolate and take a PCR test as soon as possible. These are available for free from the NHS.
To get the latest advice about COVID-19 visit your local health authority:
International travellers should check their country’s advice prior to departure. Please ensure that you follow all UK regulations related to where you have travelled from.